Sunday, November 17, 2013

Love, Layers and a Busy Week Ahead

There I was, sitting at my computer around noon, wondering what the heck am I going to blog about for NaBloPoMo Day #17?! I went back through my e-mails to find today's Daily Prompt:

What do you love most about yourself?
What do you love most about your favorite person?
Are the two connected?

Photographers, artists, poets: show us LOVE.

For this one, I will respond to the prompt for photographers and show you LOVE. Trapper is love, devotion, playfulness, comfort, and everything good. This boy melts my heart with his beautiful brown eyes and brings tears of happiness to my eyes...that's how much I love him.


I could stop now, but I will also respond to the NaBloPoMo Weekly Photo Challenge because it's so timely: LAYERS.

Layers can reveal, conceal, and make something more complex.
They can vary in size, texture, color, or functionality. Each layer can have its own story, meaning, or purpose. They can overlap, blend, or be distinctly separate. A layer doesn’t have to be a part of a single object but can even be a slice of a multifaceted image or scene.
In a new post specifically for this challenge, share a photo which means LAYERS to you!

In my blog post yesterday, I shared a few photos from my photo hike at Lake Cuyamaca. However, these in particular portray autumn in a little mountain town east of San Diego with layers of color, light, grasses, water, bushes, trees, rolling hills, fog, and sky...






I think I will stop here for tonight. I was also going to share a tasty chicken dish I prepared for dinner this evening, but I should keep that in my back pocket for a backup post this week. I am booked fairly solid photographing events for the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, and I hope to share photos and stories along the way.

My first event tomorrow evening is a sold-out dinner featuring "a unique collaboration of Baja and San Diego chefs to include Chad White of Plancha Baja Med, Javier Plascencia of Mission 19 and Jason Knibb of Nine-Ten. Guests will feast upon 6 uniquely styled courses with handpicked tequila pairings selected by Marcela Valladolid of Hacienda de la Flor and Food Network's Mexican Made Easy. 

Tequila tasting in the kitchen with the chefs...could be fun ;-)


No comments: